The ninety-sixth episode of the 9to5Linux Weekly Roundup is here for the week ending July 31, 2022, keeping you up to date with the most important things happening in the Linux world. If you missed last week’s 9to5Linux weekly digest, catch up here.
Thank you all for your support this week by sharing, liking and retweeting my articles, for your comments, suggestions and tips. I’m only here because you support me and I’ll never take that for granted, so thank you for all your support so far!
Someone emailed me this week that the dark theme I use for the website flashes white every time a page loads, suggesting a fix. I quickly implemented the fix and want to publicly thank this person for helping me improve the design of the website, so thank you whoever you are!
This week we had a bunch of exciting news, starting with the release of the final release of Linux Mint 21 and the Firefox 103 web browser, and continuing with System76’s latest Pop!_OS Linux 22.04 distribution for Raspberry devices. Pi 4 and a new Steam client update with more improvements for Linux gamers.
Besides that, we talked about some of the changes coming to the Endless OS distribution, a new Linux kernel security update for Debian GNU/Linux 11 users, and I prepared another round horizon updates for Xfce users. Below, you can enjoy that and more in 9to5Linux’s Weekly Linux Digest for July 31, 2022.
Hot news of the week
- Mozilla Firefox 103 is now available for download with new features and improvements
- System76’s Pop!_OS Linux 22.04 distribution is now available for Raspberry Pi 4 PCs
- New Debian GNU/Linux 11 “Bullseye” Kernel Security Update Fixes 9 Vulnerabilities
- Endless OS 5 promises a refreshed desktop experience, an all-new App Center, and more
- Latest Steam Client Update Brings Linux and Vulkan Fixes, New Controller Support
- Ventoy Multiboot USB Creator Adds Fedora CoreOS Support, 940+ ISOs
- Firefox 104 enters beta testing with a two-finger back/forward swipe gesture on Linux
- Linux Mint 21 “Vanessa” is now available for download, based on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
- 4MLinux 40 distro released with Linux kernel 5.18, improved 3D support, etc.
- Xfce Apps Update for July 2022: New Versions of Mousepad, Ristretto, Catfish, and More
- Linux kernel 5.19 is released and Linus Torvalds teases Linux 6.0 as the next set of kernels
Linux distributions released this week
Linux apps, drivers, desktops and kernels released this week
Coming next week
- New ISO version of Arch Linux
- New intermediate release of KDE Plasma 5.25
- KDE 22.08 Equipment
- …and hopefully many more exciting Linux news and releases!
Last updated 3 hours ago