The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) is the accredited body of professionals involved in the movement of goods and people and their associated supply chains.
Established in 1919, the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in the UK is a registered charity and part of the international CILT family with over 33,000 members in countries around the world.
Our mission is to promote logistics, transportation and their associated supply chain operations to society as a whole and to ensure that our members have the knowledge, networks and know-how necessary to be successful in a world rapidly changing.
About the role
Reporting to the Communications Officer, CILT is recruiting two communications coordinators. Both roles will provide support for all Institute communications activities, including a monthly 76 page magazine for members, weekly newsletter, social media and public relations.
As a member of a Creative Team, the successful candidate will assist the Communications Manager in planning, writing and ordering content for each issue of the Members’ Monthly Magazine. In addition, you will play a key role in the Institute’s public relations activities and in the communication of its policy initiatives.
The successful candidate will also assist the Communications Manager in the implementation of the Institute’s social media strategy, in addition to producing online reports and creating and distributing a weekly electronic newsletter.
You will produce a range of high quality content for different communication channels and play a crucial role in communicating and supporting the wider activities of the Institute by regularly producing and distributing engaging content via social media, newsletters and CILT publications.
- Provide support to the communications manager for all communications activities
- Develop, produce and commission news and feature content for all communication platforms
- Write and distribute press releases
- Promote the work of the Institute’s public policy team through communications and public relations support
- Regularly and proactively identify media coverage opportunities
- Provide editorial and communications support and advice to the entire organization
- Oversee the production of CILT’s monthly subscription magazine, working with a team of freelancers, including a sub-editor and graphic designer
- Manage and respond to all media inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Stay on top of the industry, media and government agenda
- Produce content that adheres to the style, tone of voice and brand of the company
- Generate new content ideas to engage with the Institute audience and present regularly to the Communications Manager, Communications Director and CEO
- Liaise with the entire organization to identify opportunities for content development and promotion of Institute activities
- Build meaningful relationships with major industry media, stakeholders and relevant government contacts
- Facilitate, follow and respond to comments through 40,000+ followers of the Institute on social accounts
- Create and distribute a weekly newsletter using an email marketing tool
- Identify news opportunities and write and upload relevant news to the website
- Promote CILT products and services on all social media channels including LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Help the whole organization with editorial support
- Monthly reports on engagement on social media and digital communication channels
This role would be suitable for a creative and enthusiastic individual with an interest in publications, media and public relations or who has a knack for social media and who is passionate about the opportunities to drive engagement and awareness through contents.
You will operate in a fast-paced environment, be naturally creative and enjoy developing content for different audiences and channels. You will be very organized and possess the ability to develop unique content in a short period of time for a variety of communication platforms.
Skills and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field
- Written press experience
- Exceptional writing skills and experience writing publications
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with enthusiasm
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to foster and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A passion and an ability to produce highly engaging content
- Microsoft Office experience desirable
- HTML, CMS and CRM experience desirable
- Experience in magazine production desirable
About the team
CILT is committed to professional development and growth. The growing number of our members creates a fast-paced and dynamic professional environment. Through our work, we have a positive impact on society and the economy and the role of communications coordinator plays a crucial role in our mission to equip our members with the knowledge, networks and know-how necessary to succeed.
The position is primarily based at CILT’s head office in Corby, Northamptonshire, although there are flexible working arrangements.
All applications must include a cover letter and CV.
CILT’s head office is based in Corby, Northamptonshire, but this role can be remote and require some clerical work.