Hi Los Angeles! Paige, your regular source for the Los Angeles Daily, is away for the rest of the week. But Patch always wants to make sure you’re up to date with all of your local happenings, so I’m here to educate you! Please note that during this period your newsletters may be lighter than usual. Now on everything you need to know, in 5 minutes or less.- Brad
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Los Angeles? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Clear all day. High: 76 Low: 56.
Here are the best stories today in Los Angeles:
- LAPD is still looking for a suspect who shot and killed a man in a LA metro station to Blue line stop near Washington Boulevard and Avenue of the long beach. Investigators intend to review the surveillance footage and encourage anyone with information to contact the LAPD. (FOX 11 Los Angeles)
- The Los Angeles City Council moved the date when the city will depend entirely on renewables to 2035, a decade longer than the previous target of 2045. The move comes as the search for the University of Southern California shows the feasibility of such a project. (Daily Trojan Horse Online)
- Los Angeles County Supervisors voted unanimously to phase out oil and gas drilling and to ban new drilling sites in unincorporated areas of the city. The measure was contested by the California Independent Petroleum Association, which represents nearly 400 entities of the oil and gas industry. (Bakersfield now)
- LA resident Steven pendley died after being struck by two separate cars on the Port highway 110 near Third Street West. The first vehicle affected Pendley fled the scene, but the second remained there to cooperate with the authorities. (LA Weekly)
- Los Angeles County now requires customers and employees of indoor bars and nightclubs to be vaccinated against COVID-19 from October. The measure was announced by the Los Angeles Department of Health and will require at least one dose by October 7 and both doses by November 4. (NBC News)
Living in Los Angeles can be expensive, but our friends at GoodRx have some smart tips to save you money. GoodRx, the leading resource for healthcare savings, makes it easy to find the lowest price for your medications. Support our sponsor and Check Out These Five Easy Ways To Cut Costs.
Today in Los Angeles:
- Health Examinations – Audio for Grades 1, 3, 6 and 9 (Ivy Academia events 21-22 SY) (12:00 p.m.)
Los Angeles badge book
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Virus Care® – Limited Time Offer 10% Off! – Discover our FDA APPROVED KN95 face masks! Buy now! (Visit the website)
- Poli2Perfection LA – RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL CLEANING
- Yes Assistant – Virtual Assistant Service – We provide a well organized and flexible virtual service (Visit the website)
- Rolling robots – Special: 10% reduction on the 1st 3-month subscription! (Visit the website)
- Professional CV writing services from Market-Connections – Mention PatchLA for a 10% discount with the purchase of a CV pack (Visit the website)
- Add your business here
- Venice beach cleaning (September 18)
- Estate Planning for Your Loved Ones – Live Q&A Webinar (September 18)
- Divorce Webinar: Learn about the Legal, Financial and Emotional Issues of Divorce (September 22)
- [Free Masterclass] Increase Your Website Sales & Leads Using SEO (September 25)
- Add your event
Alright, all is well for today. See you tomorrow for another update! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Brad king
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Los Angeles Daily? Contact me at [email protected]