Reports to: Marketing Manager
Salary: 20,000 – 24,000 per year, depending on experience
Closing date: Monday, March 14, 2022 with scheduled interview date March 22, 2022
About the BNJC:
To breathe new life into the Jewish community of Brighton & Hove and develop exceptional cultural facilities and events for everyone in our city to enjoy.
Receive The Jewish News Daily Edition by email and never miss our best stories
BNJC (Brighton & Hove Jewish Community), based at 29-31 New Church Road, Hove will include residential, educational, cultural, religious, social and coworking facilities. By building a brand new synagogue, exceptional kosher dining options and programming cultural events and classes, we aim to support Jewish life in Brighton, in all areas. Our aim is to put the exceptional seaside town of Brighton & Hove back on the Jewish map and to inspire the Jewish community from all walks of life to settle in Brighton & Hove.
Our inclusive and diverse community will welcome people of all faiths and no faiths to enjoy our exceptional facilities. When we open our doors later in 2022, BNJC will add to the vibrancy and diversity of Brighton & Hove to become a community center for all to enjoy.
About the role:
We are looking for an ambitious Marketing and Events Assistant to help us with the day-to-day management of our marketing channels and to help coordinate and promote our events programme. This permanent role is perfect for someone just starting out in a marketing and communications career with an interest in events, or new grads with a flair for content creation and all things digital.
Our main aim is to bring our exciting development and vision to the local and national Jewish community and the wider Brighton & Hove community, in preparation for our opening later in 2022 and beyond. When we open, our program will include a range of events from fitness classes to lectures, speaker nights, movie nights and workshops. Upstream, we set up a largely virtual program, including a monthly book club, film screenings and panel discussions. This role offers a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to make a real difference to our cultural offering and be part of an exciting and unique community project.
We are looking for someone with creativity, organization and dedication. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience working in marketing and communications, with insight into event planning, and will be expected to support our Marketing Manager in content creation and social media channel management, administration of our websites, email marketing and coordination. and promoting our program of events.
This position reports to the Head of Marketing and will be part of our growing team. There may be evening and weekend work depending on the support needed for the event. This role will initially be remote (with co-working options in Brighton) but will transition to a largely on-site role later in 2022, so the ability to work regularly in Brighton & Hove is essential.
- Assist the Head of Marketing with the administration of the website and social media channels
- Work with the Head of Marketing to create, write, edit and review website content through our Content Management System (CMS).
- Play an active role in creating and scheduling content on BNJC’s social media channels
- Work with Marketing Manager to produce regular email newsletters for our database
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate the delivery of marketing content
- Work with the Marketing Manager to set up event ticketing, ensuring all events are well promoted and communicating with event attendees
- Work with the Events Manager to support event coordination and planning
- Assist with same-day support for certain events
- Assist with data collection for regular marketing performance reports
- Support the entire team with email requests, coordination of meetings, and maintenance of shared drives and files
- Private health care delivery
- Flexible work schedule
- 25 days of vacation, plus public holidays
- Opportunities for training and relevant workshops for professional development
- Once we open, the successful candidate will enjoy subsidized access to our exceptional on-site facilities, including a kosher cafe and bakery, coworking facilities, and fitness classes.
Experience & Skills:
- At least one year of marketing experience
- Experience creating content and monitoring social media channels
- Excellent computer and digital skills and experience with computer packages and shared drives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing and writing for a specific audience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience in coordinating and planning events
- Experience using event marketing software, especially Mailchimp and Eventbrite
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently and to deadlines
- Experience performing general administrative duties including maintaining systems, processes and handling queries.
- Strong team player and willingness to work flexibly and effectively with others
- Familiarity and knowledge of the Jewish faith, community and culture
- Experience in graphic design, for example with Photoshop or Canva
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience in video editing
- Experience using a CMS system
- Experience using social media scheduling software (e.g. Hootsuite)
- Ability to use and interpret social media analytics data
- Strong photography skills
- Knowledge and ability to use digital event platforms (Zoom)
- Awareness of GDPR data requirements
This is a permanent full-time position and immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining how you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, to [email protected]