About Responsible Coffees (RC):
We are looking for a social media and digital marketing assistant and a full featured content creator to help spread the word about our brilliant little social exercise – responsible cafes.
Responsible Cafes is a growing community organization that connects cafes with conscious consumers, builds community and reduces waste by encouraging cafes to take action and do their best to reduce, reuse and recycle.
Responsible Cafes was founded in 2013 from the idea of giving people a discount if they have BYO cups. The program initially grew organically through word of mouth, until ABC War On Waste aired in 2017 and featured the initiative. Overnight, the website went crazy and we received thousands of emails and messages of support from CEOs to grandparents and school children who wanted to know more about how to minimize their impact.
We are now one of Australia’s most innovative, popular and fastest growing programs actively engaging cafes, councils and the community to improve sustainability. In 2018 we were recognized for our achievements and nominated for an NSW Green Globe. Last year, we launched the world’s first coffee rating system and hosted a hybrid Coffee Summit event to further engage the community on these important environmental issues. In 2022, we were recognized with the WasteSorted Community Award in WA for our team effort in the hospitality industry.
We have now grown to 5000 cafes and continue to look for ways to keep the conversation active and have more impact in the hospitality industry. We have a very active community on FB and Insta and are looking to grow and grow constantly. We are a group of volunteers who really want to see the tide change on single-use plastics. We have a lot of fun doing it and make sure to meet regularly to celebrate our victories! So if you care about the state of the planet and love coffee, this might be the experience you’re looking for…
Compostable Alternatives is the right arm of Responsible Cafes and showcases certified home compostable solutions as the best alternatives to single-use plastic packaging after reusables.
Job Description :
Duration: 6 months minimum (3 days a week)
As a team member, you will be the main point of contact between the RC community and the RC team. You will be responsible for
1. Engage our @responsiblecafes community on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn, including:
- Create connections and relationships with our audience
- Commenting daily on various articles
- Share relevant information in stories
- Know the different content available on our website and send relevant links and information to our community (in DM, or comments)
- Identify community partners, cafes and relevant people to generate engagement and spark conversations
2. Content creation on @responsiblecafes Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
3. Create content and engagement on @compostablealternatives Instagram
4. Assist the Managing Director of Responsible Cafes (based in Adelaide) with various tasks
Software and experience required:
Proficiency in using Canva, Facebook Business Manager, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pianoly, IG video/reel editing tools
- You are available 3 days a week: Monday is a must and the other 2 days can be flexible
- You are based in Adelaide
- You have a passion for social media and experience building and promoting an online community
- You have a bubbly, enthusiastic and creative personality
- You like to film, take photos and create short video content (stories, reel)
- You can create well-designed publications and presentations and have a good eye for design and work in our style guide
- You are mission driven to lead change and help others do their best
- You are responsible, organized, punctual and have an eye for detail
- You can work in a team and remotely. You are flexible and independent
- You have excellent writing, marketing and communication skills
- You are motivated to work in a start-up environment where you will learn, have responsibilities and do several things
It’s a great opportunity to be part of a fun team that wants to make a positive change and gain good experience. Past interns have gone on to do amazing things! If you are interested, use this form to apply: https://forms.gle/yVHEWmothzfCPcJv7! We look forward to hearing from you – send us a video if you feel like it. Our team is based in Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney.
Successful applicants will be asked to complete a short assignment. We are happy to sign an internship agreement with your university for credits.
A weekly stipend of $100 will be offered to the right candidate