WASHINGTON, May 24, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The Out of Home Advertising Association of America (OAAA) announced today on 79e Winners of the annual OBIE award. Each year, the OBIE Awards recognize the year’s most successful creative campaigns in Out-of-Home Advertising (OOH), and this year, the OAAA awarded 58 awards via a virtual ceremony.
This year’s highest honor, the Platinum OBIE Award, went to Google Brand Studio for its innovation “Most WantedThe impetus behind the award-winning campaign originated in 2019 around Martin Luther King jr. Day with the hunch that Dr. King’s iconic “I Have a Dream” might be the most sought-after speech of all time. ”
Google data scientists tested the theory, combining more than 15 years US-based trend data, of January 01, 2004 (when Google search data in the United States first became available) at July 1, 2019.
“‘I Have a Dream” was, indeed, the most sought after. This idea inspired further research of other African Americans and African American-led movements who were the “most wanted”. United States.
“To celebrate Black History Month, we used data from Google Trends to identify top searched black American individuals and accomplishments in Google search history in the United States,” said Michael tabtabai, Executive Creative Director, Google Brand Studio. “From the Most Wanted Discourse (‘I Have a Dream’) to the Most Wanted Mathematician at NASA (Katherine johnson), these individuals and moments defined American history and inspired millions to seek and ask questions. Our creative challenge has become to find the right visual language to recognize these iconic humans and the unique achievement of being the most wanted. We came to a beautifully simple conclusion – the human, the request, and a physical place, all come together to celebrate the makers of history and those they inspire to ask questions in the pursuit of learning and progress. “
The OBIE Gold Award winners were presented to:
- In the media: R / GA California (Reddit Up The Vote) for Reddit, Inc.
- In non-profit organizations and the public service: William ransom & Delete the channel (George floyd – I Can’t Breathe Mama) for NE Sculpture Co
- In associations and the public service: The Buntin Group (OUTPOUR) for The Buntin Group
- In nonprofits and the civil service: Supplementary credit projects (tribute to Ruth Bader Ginsburg) for supplementary credit projects
- In consumer goods and services: Alto NY (in honor of all the brave nurses. Now and forever) for Montefiore-Einstein
the OBIE CRAFT The winners are:
- Copywriting: OUTFRONT Studios (Accessories for your drums) for Adam & Eve
- Digital design: OUTFRONT Media (GIFS OF TIME) for OUTFRONT & GIPHY
- Illustration: Alto NY (In honor of all the brave nurses. Now and forever.) For Montefiore-Einstein
“I am so proud of our members and the OOH community for their powerful responses to the unique challenges of this year. Whether it’s countering the spread of a deadly virus or responding to our communities’ lively commitment to diversity and inclusion, these creatives have stepped up and won the day. ” mentionned Anna bager, President and CEO, OAAA.
In addition to the platinum and gold awards, 16 OBIE Awards in silver and 33 in bronze were awarded.
This year’s OBIE AWARD judges included:
- Head of the jury, Tiffany Rolfe, Global CEO, R / GA
- Shepard Fairey, artist
- Keven Grady, EVP, Head of Design, FCB Chicago
- Susan hoffman, President, Wieden + Kennedy
- Jonathan Midenhall, Co-Founder and Chairman, TwentyFirstCenturyBrand
- Jim wilson, CEO, Talon North America
- Leslie Wingo, President and CEO, Sanders / Wingo
Jury Leader Rolfe added: “It has been quite an adventure to watch what our industry has been able to accomplish during this very trying year. These winners have all given us a lot of food for thought and wonderful insight into what our industry has been able to accomplish in this very trying year. what can we expect in the future … as the whole world leaves home and brings new eyes to our work. “
The full list of OBIE Winners and Finalists is available on the website at www.obieawards.org. High resolution digital files are available to all OBIE winners by contacting Carol wong, [email protected].
The Out of Home Advertising Association of America (OAAA) is the national trade association for the entire out-of-home advertising (OOH) industry. OAAA represents over 800 members, including leading media companies, advertisers, agencies, ad technology providers and vendors who represent over 90% of the industry. OOH media includes billboards, street furniture, transit, local media, and digital formats (DOOH) across all sectors of the canal. OAAA is the industry unifying voice, authoritative thought leader and passionate advocate for advancing OOH advertising in United States. The legislative unit of the OAAA advocates for responsible growth of the OOH with federal, state and local authorities. OAAA member media companies make a generous donation $ 500 million in public service advertising every year. Founded in 1891, OAAA is headquartered in Washington DC with offices in New York City. For more information, please visit oaaa.org.
SOURCE Out of Home Advertising Association