VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — The City of Virginia Beach has launched Phase I of its new website and invites the public to view and provide feedback.
The deadline for user feedback is March 14.
Click here to subscribe to our email alerts on the latest news
City officials say the new and improved design will ensure a new look, improve navigation and provide new interactive tools and a new URL, virginiabeach.gov.
Over the next few months, content from the old site will be migrated to the new site. Information will remain on both sites during the transition.
As a relevant resource for Virginia Beach residents, visitors, businesses and community organizations to learn more about the city and keep up to date with its latest updates, the site will include features to make this easier. than ever :
- “How do I” – A quick search section of frequently asked questions
- “Services” – A section to easily navigate City services without having to know which department provides them.
- “Experience” – A place to find Virginia Beach’s many cultural and entertainment attractions, leisure activities and more, as well as a calendar of events
- “What’s Up” – A section that highlights city news and happenings through videos, a new blog, and the city’s social media; easy access to City mobile apps is also available
- A simple homepage where emergency information and hot topics are highlighted
- Faster loading times and a cleaner, mobile-friendly, ADA-compliant design.
The two-phase project is expected to be completed before the end of the year.
To view and provide feedback on the new site, click here.