Sometimes businesses can focus too much on increasing the number of visitors to their website. But all good SEO agency will tell you that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is a critical part of success.
Visitors alone don’t mean much. You need people to take action for your business to be successful. This is what CRO can help you with.
You can turn a great website into a profitable one with the correct implementation of CRO. The process turns website visitors from passive browsers into those taking the desired action. Whether you want them to buy a product, sign up for a newsletter, or request information, CRO helps you make that action easy and desirable.
What is the CRO?
CRO is a marketing process focused on analysis and optimization. It examines visitor behavior and seeks to understand what prompts a person to take the desired action.
You can use it to persuade more visitors to take action. It helps you refine the strategies that work for your business.
Why should you care about the CRO?
The world of digital marketing can sometimes seem like a difficult place to navigate. Talk to the professionals and an SEO agency can give you a to-do list. But it’s a good idea to look beyond and understand why a certain strategy works.
For CRO, the numbers explain why this is important.Venture Beat Research shows that CRO tools have an average return on investment (ROI) of 223%.
Compare that to non-digital ads, which marketers surveyed by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) believe offer the worst ROI, and you can see how useful CRO can be for your business.
A good SEO agency will tell you that with the right CRO, your business could:
- Target the right kind of audience instead of just driving more traffic. You get visitors who are already interested and looking to take action.
- Better understand your visitors and customers / users. You can use the information to further refine and refine your product / service.
- Improve the user experience of your visitors. The more satisfied your visitors are, the more time they will spend on your site and recommend it to others.
- Better position your brand. Your website will be in a better position to talk about your business goals and ideology.
- Reduce your expenses while increasing your profits with a better return on investment. You’ll end up spending money on things that work instead of just spending it on marketing.
The beauty of CRO is its power to improve and enhance many different aspects.
You’re not just going to directly benefit from increased conversions. You will also benefit from polishing your website and branding. This is because CRO helps you analyze and understand your website. You can see what are the things your customers value and engage with.
Such tune-up of your website will help strengthen your branding image. You will not only get your visitors to perform the desired action, but you will also leave a great taste in their mouths. They know they can trust your website to deliver without wasting their time.
How to optimize your site for conversion rates?
Despite the benefits of CRO, only 22% of companies are happy with their conversion rates.
As we mentioned at the start, many businesses tend to focus on increasing traffic rather than optimizing conversion rates. Sometimes you can implement CRO but you are going to do it the wrong way.
But what should be done? What are the best tips for doing this? Let’s discuss the best course of action:
Use a clear call to action (CTA)
It’s hard to get people to do what you want if you don’t make the action obvious. Clear CTA pushes people in the direction you want them to go. Make sure you use them on your website.
Polishing your website
Having a neat website means focusing on:
- Use clear H1 headers. They show people what the site is all about at a glance.
- Adding real and unique images. Avoid using stock photos and only select images that add value to the site.
- Engage with informative content. Content is still king and you need to engage your visitors with fun and informative content.
- Secure your site. Use encryption to ensure that the site is safe to use.
It’s a good idea to let a good SEO agency review your website and help you build it. You also need to make sure that your website is mobile-friendly. Responsiveness is crucial, as Google has found that even a 3 second delay in website load time can increase the likelihood of the visitor bouncing by 32%.
Visitor behavior tracking
CRO is impossible without analytical monitoring. The process requires you to measure visitor metrics. This includes things like the time spent on a given site, the path that visitors take to perform an action, etc. Tracking visitor behavior helps you know which items are working and change which are not.
Posted on July 23, 2021